IT’S NEVER TOO LATE TO JOIN THE GRP
For over a decade, the Garden Resource Program (GRP) has supported family, community, school, and market gardens in Detroit, Highland Park, and Hamtramck. Participants in the Garden Resource Program receive resources for their vegetable gardens, including seeds and Detroit grown transplants and become part of a growing network of gardeners and advocates working to promote urban agriculture within a thriving local food system.
- 2016 Garden Resource Program Application (English)
- 2016 Garden Resource Program Application (Spanish)
- 2016 Seed and Plan Varieties
- 2016 Spring Seed Planting Guide
- 2016 Cold Crop Planting Guide
UPCOMING RESOURCE DISTRIBUTIONS:
HOT CROP SEED & TRANSPLANT DISTRIBUTION: (choose one)
- Thursday, May 19th, 5-7pm, Earthworks Urban Farm, 1264 Meldrum
- Saturday, May 21st, 1-3 pm, Earthworks Urban Farm, 1264 Meldrum
FALL CROP SEED & TRANSPLANT DISTRIBUTION: (choose one)
- Thursday, July 21st, 5-7pm, Plum Street Market Garden, 2202 Third St
- Saturday, July 23nd, 1-3 pm, Plum Street Market Garden, 2202 Third St
LEARN AND EARN WORKSHOPS & DISTRIBUTIONS
The following classes are hosted at the Plum Street Market Garden, 2202 3rd Ave at Plum St. south of I-75 by the MGM Grand Casino Parking Garage. ‘Learn and Earn’ workshops are designed to give participants access to resources for their gardens and the knowledge to get the most out of them.
SUPER STRAWBERRIES: GROWING STRAWBERRIES (with plant distribution). Tuesday, May 17th, 5-7PM. At this session learn the skills to grow, propagate and care for strawberries. A limited quantity of plants will be available for participants. This sessions is hands-on please come prepared to work.
SWEET POTATOES (workshop with plant distribution). Tuesday, June 14th, 5-7PM. At this session learn the skills to grow, propagate and care for sweet potatoes. Plants will be available for participants.
RAIN BARRELS: BUILDING & USING. Tuesday, June 28th, 5-7PM. A rain barrel is a simple 55 gallon food grade drum, that is helpful for storing water for use in a garden. In this class learn how to assemble, use and maintain rain barrels. For an application to purchase a rain barrel contact us.