GROW TOGETHER. START A GARDEN WITH YOUR FAMILY AND NEIGHBORS!
For over a decade, the Garden Resource Program (GRP) has supported family, community, school, and market gardens in Detroit, Highland Park, and Hamtramck. Participants in the Garden Resource Program receive resources for their vegetable gardens, including seeds and Detroit grown transplants and become part of a growing network of gardeners and advocates working to promote urban agriculture within a thriving local food system. Once you join the GRP, we can provide you with lots of support and resources to get your garden going. Visit the GARDENER SUPPORT page to learn more.
2022 GRP APPLICATIONS:
2022 GRP applications will be available mid-January
- 2022 ONLINE GRP APPLICATION
- 2022 SOLICITUD PARA EL PROGRAMA DE RECURSOS PARA EL JARDIN (usar el traductor de google para seleccionar español)
- DOWNLOAD 2022 GRP APPLICATION IN ENGLISH
- DESCARGAR 2022 SOLICITUD PARA EL PROGRAMA DE RECURSOS PARA EL JARDIN
OTHER USEFUL LINKS:
- 2022 PLAN YOUR GARDEN REFERENCE FOR COMMUNITY, SCHOOL, & MARKET GARDENS
- 2022 PLAN YOUR GARDEN REFERENCE FOR FAMILY GARDENS
- 2022 PERENNIAL FRUIT INSTRUCTIONS (coming in April)
- 2022 COLD WEATHER SEED & PLANT INSTRUCTIONS (coming in April)
- 2021 HOT WEATHER SEED AND TRANSPLANT INSTRUCTIONS (coming in May)
- 2021 FALL SEED AND TRANSPLANT INSTRUCTIONS (coming in July)
2022 SEED & PLANT PICK UP DETAILS
Gardeners are responsible for picking up their seeds and transplants. Due to the Coronavirus, in 2021 all GRP distributions will occur via a contactless, curbside pickup system at the KGD Farm.
- Cold Weather Seeds & Transplants: Begin 2rd week of April and span 3 weeks
- Hot Weather Seeds & Transplants: Begin 3 rd week of May and span 3 weeks
- Fall Weather Seeds & Transplants: Begin 2nd week of July and span 3 weeks
- Garlic Distribution: First two weeks in October, garden contact will receive email with details on curbside pickup dates or contact [email protected]
Accommodations can be made for those with health or transportation challenges.