GROW WHERE YOU ARE. JOIN THE GARDEN RESOURCE PROGRAM!
For over a decade, the Garden Resource Program (GRP) has supported family, community, school, and market gardens in Detroit, Highland Park, and Hamtramck. Participants in the Garden Resource Program receive resources for their vegetable gardens, including seeds and Detroit grown transplants and become part of a growing network of gardeners and advocates working to promote urban agriculture within a thriving local food system. Once you join the GRP, we can provide you with lots of support and resources to get your garden going. Visit the Garden Resource page to learn more.
- Clomplete your 2019 Garden Resource Program Application on-line
- 2019 Garden Resource Program Application (English)
- 2019 Garden Resource Program Application (Spanish)
- 2019 Seed and Plant Varieties
- 2019 Spring Seed Instructions
- 2019 Perennial Fruit Instructions
- 2019 Cold Weather Transplant Instructions
- 2019 Hot Weather Seed and Transplant Instructions
- 2019 Fall Seed and Transplant Instructions (available in July)
2019 SEED & PLANT PICK UP DATES:
WESTSIDE COLD WEATHER SEEDS: Tuesday, March 19th, 5-7PM at Broadstreet Presbyterian Church, 12065 Broadstreet, 48204 or
EASTSIDE COLD WEATHER SEEDS: Thursday, March 21st, 5-7PM at Earthworks Urban Farm, 1264 Meldrum, 48207
COLD CROPS: Tuesday, April 16th, 5-7PM or Thursday, April 18th, 5-7PM at Keep Growing Detroit Farm, 1850 Erskine, 48207
HOT CROPS: Thursday, May 16th, 5-7PM or Saturday, May 18th, 1-3PM at Earthworks Urban Farm,1264 Meldrum, 48207
FALL CROPS: Thursday, July 18th, 5-7PM or Saturday, July 20th, 1-3PM at Earthworks Urban Farm, 1264 Meldrum, 48207
LEARN AND EARN WORKSHOPS
Learn and Earn workshops are hands-on lessons about a select GRP garden resource paired with some farm work that practices using that resource. GRP members that attend take resources including potato seed, onion sets, sweet potato slips back to their gardens to plant.