GROW TOGETHER. START A GARDEN WITH YOUR FAMILY AND NEIGHBORS!
For over a decade, the Garden Resource Program (GRP) has supported family, community, school, and market gardens in Detroit, Highland Park, and Hamtramck. Participants in the Garden Resource Program receive resources for their vegetable gardens, including seeds and Detroit grown transplants and become part of a growing network of gardeners and advocates working to promote urban agriculture within a thriving local food system. Once you join the GRP, we can provide you with lots of support and resources to get your garden going. Visit the GARDENER SUPPORT page to learn more.
2021 GRP APPLICATIONS:
Even late in the season, we welcome new members to join the GRP. There’s still plenty to get involved in and lots of resources and support this fall. That said, because it’s so late in the season, we are happy to waive for those joining after Sept 1. Simply select “waived or reduced fee” at the bottom of the application if you would like the fee waived.
- 2021 ONLINE GRP APPLICATION
- 2021 SOLICITUD PARA EL PROGRAMA DE RECURSOS PARA EL JARDIN (usar el traductor de google para seleccionar español)
- DOWNLOAD 2021 GRP APPLICATION IN ENGLISH
- DESCARGAR 2021 SOLICITUD PARA EL PROGRAMA DE RECURSOS PARA EL JARDIN
OTHER USEFUL LINKS:
- 2021 FALL SEED AND TRANSPLANT INSTRUCTIONS
- 2021 PLAN YOUR GARDEN REFERENCE FOR FAMILY GARDENS (FALL CROP)
- 2021 PLAN YOUR GARDEN REFERENCE FOR COMMUNITY, SCHOOL, & MARKET GARDENS (FALL CROP)
- 2021 HOT WEATHER SEED AND TRANSPLANT INSTRUCTIONS
- 2021 PERENNIAL FRUIT INSTRUCTIONS
- 2021 COLD WEATHER SEED & PLANT INSTRUCTIONS
- 2021 PLAN YOUR GARDEN REFERENCE FOR FAMILY GARDENS (COLD + HOT CROP)
- 2021 PLAN YOUR GARDEN REFERENCE FOR COMMUNITY, SCHOOL, & MARKET GARDENS (COLD + HOT CROP)
2021 SEED & PLANT PICK UP DETAILS
Gardeners are responsible for picking up their seeds and transplants. Due to the Coronavirus, in 2021 all GRP distributions will occur via a contactless, curbside pickup system at the KGD Farm.
- Cold Weather Seeds & Transplants: Begin 2rd week of April and span 3 weeks
- Hot Weather Seeds & Transplants: Begin 3 rd week of May and span 3 weeks
- Fall Weather Seeds & Transplants: Begin 2nd week of July and span 3 weeks
- Garlic Distribution: First two weeks in October, garden contact will receive email with details on curbside pickup dates or contact [email protected]
Accommodations can be made for those with health or transportation challenges.