GROW TOGETHER. START A GARDEN WITH YOUR FAMILY AND NEIGHBORS!
For over a decade, the Garden Resource Program (GRP) has supported family, community, school, and market gardens in Detroit, Highland Park, and Hamtramck. Participants in the Garden Resource Program receive resources for their vegetable gardens, including seeds and Detroit grown transplants and become part of a growing network of gardeners and advocates working to promote urban agriculture within a thriving local food system. Once you join the GRP, we can provide you with lots of support and resources to get your garden going. Visit the GARDENER SUPPORT page to learn more.
2021 GRP APPLICATIONS:
- 2021 ONLINE GRP APPLICATION
- DOWNLOAD 2021 GRP APPLICATION IN ENGLISH
- 2021 SOLICITUD PARA EL PROGRAMA DE RECURSOS PARA EL JARDIN
- Solicitud para el Programa de Recursos para el Jardin (solicitud en línea próximamente)
OTHER USEFUL LINKS:
- 2021 PLAN YOUR GARDEN REFERENCE FOR FAMILY GARDENS
- 2021 PLAN YOUR GARDEN REFERENCE FOR COMMUNITY, SCHOOL, & MARKET GARDENS
- 2021 PERENNIAL FRUIT & VEGETABLE PLANT SALE DETAILS
- LINK TO PURCHASE 2021 PERENNIAL FRUIT & VEGETABLE PLANTS
- 2021 Cold Weather Seed and Transplant Instructions (coming in April)
- 2021 Perennial Fruit Instructions (coming in April)
- 2021 Hot Weather Seed and Transplant Instructions (coming in May)
- 2021 Fall Seed and Transplant Instructions (coming in July)
2021 SEED & PLANT PICK UP DETAILS
Gardeners are responsible for picking up their seeds and transplants. Due to the Coronavirus, in 2021 all GRP distributions will occur via a contactless, curbside pickup system at the KGD Farm.
- Cold Weather Seeds & Transplants: Begin 2rd week of April and span 3 weeks
- Hot Weather Seeds & Transplants: Begin 3 rd week of May and span 3 weeks
- Fall Weather Seeds & Transplants: Begin 2nd week of July and span 3 weeks
At least one month prior to each distribution, KGD will contact GRP members to sign up for a curbside slot. Accommodations can be made for those with health or transportation challenges.